Fame nuke

If you had a “fame nuke” that would irradiate a region with a degree of disproportionate cultural prominence for decades, where would you drop it? (the actual effect operates on the natural social networks between people interacting in real life, so it isn’t easily transferred or stolen)

You can also focus the fame nuke on a community inside a region, but the effects will still mostly bleed into neighbors (proximity) and only partly into their distant friends and relatives (by communications, the internet)

Some obscure place in Russia or Poland, or on my own city so I can take advantage of it for my own selfish gain

blacks

Not vegas!

Not Moscow or Paris either!

Maybe a nasty tribe that is hostile to outside influence?

Eh… no… thats dumb…

This post has made me realize that there really is not many cultures out there that i like.

Almost want to say non-urban British isle areas but those guys can be annoying.

Almost want to say redneck areas but those guys can be White coons.

Almost want to say Germany or Italy (because that is where my ancestors come from) but i speak neither of those languages and both those cultures have suffered some decay.

Shite.

I think my answer depends on how strong the fame nuke is. In the regime of weak effect, I would basically use it as a way to experiment on the culture at large. In stronger regimes, I have to choose it so that the effect is something beneficial for the wider culture. (even if I would like it to be an experiment, to be something that escapes my predictions) In very strong regimes where it turns every other person into something of an internet-type celebrity, I basically have to drop it in the least dysfunctional, most persistently impoverished, whitest area I can find.

So I have been considering the lower effect regime, where I have the most interesting criteria. I’m imagining something where there are maybe a few dozen semi-celebrities in a selected small town, or a larger number at lower proportion in a regular town or larger city. The town gets a bit of tourism as a result, depending on how accessible it is. People might expect you to know about the town as if it is a capital city or a unique local curiosity.

The fame nuke does not obviate language barriers. If I fame-nuked somewhere in Quebec, fans from the USA wouldn’t understand French unless they took classes for it. Which they might, it is FSI category I not FSI category IV like Korean, Japanese or Chinese. (24-30 weeks vs 88 weeks)

Quebec might be a good subject actually, but I don’t know anywhere special in Quebec. Just Quebec city, the biggest whitest one?

New Hampshire - free state project community. Libertarians who move across states are very interesting people, very entrepreneurial. Not world shaking geniuses, but they like to live life. That could be healthy for the culture, and interesting. The culture of intentional communities in general would be a cool thing to broadcast, if you could somehow fame-nuke some of the less cultish ones.

The motivating candidate for this thought experiment is Louisville Kentucky, focused on their the sizeable Cuban community. I suspect there are two types of false partisan around there. (I have no experience in the area, this is all speculation based on stereotypes that might not apply specifically to the citizens in general or the Cubans.)

Kentucky people are covert rightists in denial. They come from a union-democrat tradition in contrast with their true rightist feelings, for a long time people would register as Democrats as a sort of tradition. For a while there was a tendency to vote Republican for the presidency, and vote nominally democrat for the state and local. (This might be more interesting if I could travel back in time a few decades and then fame-nuke them, but their old folks are still alive and kicking so they still set some odd context)

Cubans, like a mirror image, have a legacy reason why they want to be right wing. Their history of leaving Cuba and making it in the USA positions them as traditionally anti-communist and hence anti-leftist. But, at their heart they are more libertine and progressive than the typical American. If the Cubans in Louisville are like this, that could be a fascinating contrast to push into the culture for a decade. If there was more contemplation of the weird interactions between partisan identity and actual ethics that would be cool and probably beneficial.

The largest city I’ve considered is the District of Columbia for how notoriously disagreeable they are, but I can’t in good conscience do that given their demographics. (black, female)

Dimes Square?

India.

It is a fame nuke though…

not an actual nuke

But it is a fame nuke…

as in the area becomes popular

I think their idea is that if an area gets famous, like the actual area, then people see firsthand what they’re actually like. Like if you get famous and you get on SNL and get drunk then everyone’s gonna see what your thoughts are on black people and your weird obsession with cuckolding that I still don’t know the irony level of.

I see.

There is no irony.

Everyone will bend to my sorcerous will power.

They shall become my paypig slave sissies.

When someone blocks me out of the blue, it is not because they hate me, it is because my spell worked and they were horrified of the enchantments warping their mind, filling them with my intentions for them, and they realized they would be powerless if they did not shut me out soon…

One day, all shall be under me.

Their hearts shall beat to power my magic.

Their minds will be shattered and broken.

Their bodies will be rotting, putrid, hollow husks for my worms and more ghostly servants to inhabit.

They shall have no free will. You will not even so much as scratch an itch without my approval.

There is no hope under the red dragon.

Exactly.

Let the world see first hand the debauchery of this lesser Race. And then they will ask, why has their culture become so dominant? Why are our countries importing so many of them? Should we be tolerant and respectful to such a repugnant culture? Should we look the other way when they shit in the street or nearly hit us with their trucks?

Its the accelerationist position, and our governments are already doing exactly this, much to our benefit. Because it is showing people first handle an example of depravity so extreme that it can contradict all the moral platitudes and bullshit egalitarian ideologies the modern person has been brainwashed by.

Do you want to be Equal to people who rub cow shit on their walls to ward off evil spirits? Aren’t you clearly equal to or lesser than a group of people who practiced Widow Burning? You shouldn’t ever take pride in your people or their accomplishments, because clearly Indians are just as much a part of their success, and have just as much right to your identity as you do.

Let the world become India, then the sleepers shall awaken.

First part exactly.
Second part is oddly specific.

I get it now!

That is actually quite clever! I had not thought of using the fame nuke in such a way.

I thought the question was “pick a culture you like to become prominent”…

But you thought of a better usage: To make normies see the glaring issues with bad cultures. (In this case, the pajeets)

I like how you thought outside of the box.

To clarify, I wasn’t talking about me but I’m not sure if it violates some confidentiality to make it more obvious than it already is who I’m talking about